What is Collaborate?
Collaborate is a new fund to support the development of collaborative research projects between the cultural sector and academic researchers.
We will support around 15 projects and funding awards will range from £5K – £20K.
Successful projects will contribute to deeper understanding of the differences arts, culture, heritage and screen makes to people’s lives, and the range of research methodologies used to explore cultural value.
Who can apply?
- Cultural sector: any UK based charitable organisation, creative practitioner or artist currently working in the arts, cultural, heritage or screen sectors.
- Academic researchers: individual academic researchers or research teams from any discipline. You must have a PhD at the time of application and currently be working at a UK based university or higher education institution.
What can I apply for?
- Funding between £5k and £20k
- Cultural sector: expressions of interest between 18 October- 24 November 2021
- Academics: expressions of interest between 6 December 2021- 26 January 2022
- There will be a second round of funding in autumn 2022
- Let us know if you need access support or our guidance in another format at CCV@leeds.ac.uk
- Cultural sector applicants: Attend an event on 5 October or morning or afternoon on 12 October to find out more about how to apply.
If you are planning to apply and want to find out what research is already out there on your topic read our ‘How to… find existing research’ resource.