- This event has passed.
Community Action for Partnerships in Health: A Community Conversation Event
July 19, 2023 @ 9:30 am - 4:15 pmFree
Engaging for Health Resilience: A Community Conversation and launch of the Community Action for Partnerships in Health Microgrant scheme
Community Action for Partnerships in Health: A community conversation event
To mark the launch of the Community Action for Partnerships in Health microgrants scheme, the NHS London Legacy and Health Equity Partnership (LHEP) and the Greater London Authority (GLA) warmly invite you to a multi-agency community conversation day.
The event is intended to provide an opportunity to learn more about this funding opportunity and the objectives of the project, explore existing and potential community led approaches to mitigating health inequality, and enable organisations considering applying to discuss their ideas with funders and grant managers, Rocket Science.
The event is intended to support sustained collaborative working between the London health system and London communities and will be relevant for:
- Community organisations supporting Londoners impacted by health inequality
- A broad range of health system colleagues focussing on community engagement and/or service planning and delivery
Alongside launching the funding programme, the agenda for the day will combine roundtable and panel discussions featuring London’s community organisations and health system leaders, focussing on:
- Reflecting on and defining our shared legacy post COVID-19 for immunisations, screening and access to healthcare
- Understanding community and health system collaboration in London
- Re-thinking what we mean by ‘Community Engagement’ in a post-COVID-19 context
Outputs from the day will be shared with delegates and go on to inform the LHEP agenda and wider programmes to mitigate health inequality within the London health and VCSE system.
Speakers include representatives from London’s established Community and Faith Health Networks, The London Muslim Health Network (LMHN), The London Jewish Health Partnership (LJHP) and Inspire, a health network for Black Londoners by Black Londoners. Full agenda to follow.
Refreshments and lunch provided
Community organisations are eligible for reimbursement to cover the cost of travel to this event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this, and/or to specify any dietary requirements.
About the Microgrants:
Community Action for Partnerships in Health – a microgrants programme for London communities
The NHS Legacy and Health Equity Partnership (LHEP) and the Greater London Authority (GLA) are excited to share an upcoming funding opportunity for community organisations working directly with communities, and either directly or indirectly supporting Londoners impacted by health inequity and healthcare exclusion.
Microgrants are available at the value of £2,000 or £5,000 to fund community initiatives that scope, develop and/or deliver sustainable and community-led methods of building partnership between communities and health services, towards building our shared resilience, mitigating health inequality, and improving access to health services.
We encourage and welcome proposals focussed on improving the health and wellbeing of communities impacted by health inequality, or proposing solutions to overcome identified barriers to health services. Proposals may incorporate the following themes:
- Hearing and responding to community health priorities
- Improving community access to health services
- Developing sustainable methods of building partnership between communities and health services
- Applications open: 3rd July 2023
- Official microgrants launch event – Engaging for Health Resilience: A community conversation: 19th July 2023
- Applications close: 11th August 2023, 5pm
- Grants awarded: 14th September 2023
- Delivery dates: 15th September 2023 – 31st March 2024
If you have any questions, or to sign up for updates about the microgrants programme, please email email@example.com