- This event has passed.
September 8, 2021 @ 12:00 am - December 31, 2021 @ 12:00 am
Warrior Wellbeing Sessions are designed for women and people living with Endo (diagnosed or suspected) to share experiences and take part in relaxation, breathing exercises, singing, talking, sharing and movement with the aim of having a positive impact on wellbeing.
What can I expect?
On entering Jack Dunning Community Hall, just down the road from Homerton Hospital, you’ll be welcomed by Liz, Issy or Gabrielle and directed to the main hall where you can put your bags down, grab a cup of tea and sit down and relax.
We’ll then start the session by introducing ourselves and doing some breathing and relaxation techniques. Issy and Gabrielle will then lead us through the session where we might do some talking, listening, singing and sharing. Each week will be a little different.
Then at 7pm (ish) we’ll wrap up, and hang out for any questions. You’ll hopefully leave the session feeling restored and relaxed, and a little lighter than when we came in.
But I can’t sing!
That’s ok, we still want you to come along!
Our Wellbeing Sessions are designed to help you feel good about what you can do with your voice and body, whatever that may be – and the benefits from breathing and singing come from taking part.
Liz, Issy and Gabrielle are a friendly, welcoming and non-judgemental bunch who all love working with people through music and creativity.
Issy is a musician, teacher and workshop leader who has worked with people from all walks of life and will lead our sessions alongside our trainee session leader Gabrielle, a singer-songwriter from east London. Liz is a creative producer and musician who lives with Endo, and has put the Wonder Warriors programme together to help support the Endo community, and will be there helping everything run smoothly.
Nuts and bolts…
- When: 6-7.15pm on Thursdays (starting Thursday 29 July).
- Where: Jack Dunning Community Hall, Homerton Row, London, E9 6ED (along the way from Homerton Hospital).
- How much: We are working on a pay what you can afford model, with a recommended price of £8 per session.
- Experience needed: absolutely none at all.
Frequently Asked Questions…
- Do I need to come every week? In short – no, but you are of course welcome to! We know it’s tough committing to things when you have Endo so we’ve designed the sessions so you can dip in and out of them – so you don’t need to come every week but of course you are more than welcome to! We look forward to seeing you whenever you can make it 🙂
- What do I need to bring? Yourself and anything to make you feel comfortable.
- Is it Covid-19 secure? Your safety is of paramount importance and we are following UK Government guidance which means that we will:
- Limit capacity – the venue has a capacity of 100, but we are limiting this to 6 participants in addition to 3 members of staff.
- Ensure the room is ventilated
- Social distancing will be in place
- Staff or participants showing signs of Covid-19 symptoms, or who have been asked to self-isolate will not be permitted into the building
- Staff and participants will be required to use PPE (face masks/visors) unless exempt
- Follow the Government’s safe singing guidelines
- We also ask that all participants adhere to the guidelines.
You can read our full risk assessment here.
What if I’m not well with Endo / need to isolate and can’t make it? Just let Liz know and we’ll honour your booking at another session.